500 gr. cod fillet
250 gr. potatoes
2 spring onions
3 tablespoons dill
70 gr. flour for all purposes
¾ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon oregano
Freshly ground pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
300 gr. stale bread crumbs
4 cloves garlic
80ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
30ml apple cider vinegar
1. Remove the green sprout from the garlics and mash them in a mortar or in a multimixer.
2. Soak the bread in water and strain it well.
3. In a blender, mash all the ingredients, adding slowly the olive oil to the mix, taste the garlic sauce and se and add lemon, salt or some water according to your preferences.
1. If you use wet salted cod fillet desalt it well, while if you use frozen just defrost it it, then remove any bones and boil the fillet for 5-8 ′.
2. At the same time, boil the potatoes and mash them with a fork and finely chop the herbs and onions.
3. Mix everything for the cod croquettes in a bowl and put in a large non-stick pan plenty of olive oil to heat up well.
4. Pour the mixture spoon by spoon and gradually in the pan and fry on all sides until golden brown.
5. Serve the cod croquettes with the easy garlic sauce.
-You can enrich the mixture for the cod croquettes with fennel and other fresh herbs.
-The mixture can be made from the previous evening and be stored in the refrigerator
-You can use any type of stale bread
You can see our wine pairing suggestions here!