IF YOU WEREN'T LUCKY ENOUGH TO ATTEND TO THIS MAGICAL WINE TASTING, DON'T BE JEALOUS! WE BRING ALL THE HIGHLIGHTS TO YOUR DOORSTEP WITH A CLICK! READ MORE...
Let's talk about Riesling, or more specifically, about the epic wine tasting "The Ultimate Riesling Experience" we had the pleasure and honour to host a few days ago.
Sakis Papadopoulos, along with his partner Katerina Tsotsos, brought his best Rieslings and treasures from his personal collection and traveled us to the picturesque vineyards of Pfalz and Mosel.
How much does soil and granite affect the wine? How is it evolving over time? How a Riesling with Botrytis tastes like?
- DR. L RIESLING DRY 2018 - Which will always be one of the most value for money Rieslings ever, setting the bar very high for the rest to reach.
- FORSTER PECHSTEIN RIESLING 2013 - The new vintage, of the already favourite "Library Release" Riesling, which is even better from the previous one.
- RIESLING WEHLENER SONNENUHR GG 2017 - One of the most elegant and at the same time explosive Rieslings, in which the blue granite terroir is reflected with great purity and mineral characteristics.
- RIESLING ERDENER PRÄLAT GG RESERVE 2012 - The highlight of the night was this heavy artillery, with the astronomical rating of 100 pts in Falstaff magazine, that left us speechless.
- RIESLING BEERENAUSLESE 2015 - Our evening gracefully, ended up with this epic Beerenauslese, which you must definitely taste at least once in your life!